What does it take to stay healthy and fit this Spring? Ideally, maintaining a healthy daily lifestyle will keep you confident and feeling energized at the same time.
Fuel your body with nutrients
Eating fresh fruits and vegetables as your daily snacks will keep your body healthy. We all have different schedules; however, it is important to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner with snacks in between unless advised by your doctor. I advise my clients to eat a green and a protein at each main meal. Moderation is the key. Aim to feel satisfied, not stuffed. At the end of the day, ask yourself, “Did I get the colors of the rainbow?” These colors have antioxidants that will supply your body with nutrients.
Incorporating exercise and healthy choices will get you fit mentally and physically. Your body will be fit for Spring!
Drink water daily and do your best to avoid alcohol and sugary drinks. Over time, your body will crave less and less.
Along with healthy eating habits, incorporate movement! It is important to realize that movement, also known as exercise, is anything that elevates your heart rate. So even if you have limitations, as long as you are doing some sort of movement, applaud yourself! Exercise at home if you do not have access to a gym. A walk in the park or throwing a ball with your kids are great ways to release endorphins and stay fit.
Get Spring fit by incorporating these exercises into your daily routine this month. Listen to your favorite music to help keep you moving and motivated!
• March in place for 1 minute to warm your body up.
• Arms straight out to your side in a “T” position. Circular arm roll clockwise for 1 minute and reverse direction.
• Standing front straight leg raises. 25 each leg.
• Standing Ab twists. Keep your head straight and hold a ball. Twist torso gently back and forth to engage obliques for 1 minute.
• Lean and reach side to side for 1 minute. This exercise engages obliques, legs, and arms.
• Remember: Always stretch after your workout to prevent muscle soreness.
Exercise releases endorphins which in turn gives you natural energy. This release will help with stress and more restful nights of sleep. Incorporating exercise and healthy choices will get you fit mentally and physically. Your body will be fit for Spring!